Bay FM's Secret Sound
The Bay FM Secret Sound is here for Autumn 2017, and you could win some serious cash by working out our mystery sound! Starting Thursday5th October.
Check out our new Secret Sound below
Our jackpot starts at a cool £100
which you will win just for identifying our mystery sound...
We’ll play once a day during weekdays – between 11am & Noon on The Bay FM Daytime Show with Andy and if it is not guessed the winning amount goes up by £5 each weekday to a top prize of £500 which will be capped until the sound is guessed correctly.
How to Play
To enter, just text SECRET SOUND and YOUR NAME to 07947 211 311.
It's a standard text message charge.
Every competition round, we'll pick a contestant at random from all the texts received each weekday during the competition hour.
Only one entry per mobile number will be counted in the draw - there's no advantage in sending multiple texts.
If you've been chosen to play, we'll call your mobile number, if you don't answer the phone, we'll then select another contestant at random.
We will never ask you for your guess until you're playing on air. Any entries which include your guess on the text message will be automatically disqualified.
Once you've played, you can enter again another day by texting as soon as you've come up with another guess.
And of course, if you correctly identify the Secret Sound, you'll win the money.
Here's what's been guessed so far...
Thurs 5th Oct - Pulling a Ring Pull on a Can or Tin - £100 (Double Up Thursday +£10)
Fri 6th Oct - A Stapler - £110
Mon 9th Oct - Sellotape Dispenser - £115
Tues 10th Oct - The Clicking of a Ballpoint Pen - £120
Wed 11th Oct - Double Clicking of a Computer Mouse - £125
Thurs 12th Oct - An Electric Air Freshener in the home going off - £135
Fri 13th Oct - Camera Shutter - £140
Mon 16th Oct - The Safety Lid on a Prescription Pot - £145
Tues 17th Oct - A Label Printing Machine - £150
Wed 18th Oct - A Sweetener Dispenser - £155
Thurs - Skippy the Bush Kangaroo - £160 (Double Up Thursday)
Fri - ??? - £170
Terms and Conditions
Bay FM's standard terms and conditions apply to all competitions on BAY FM.
In addition, the following specific rules apply to the Bay FM Secret Sound competition:
- Entries will be selected by generating a random number corresponding to the order in which entries have been received.
- Only one entry per mobile number will be accepted.
- There will be one competition round per day during weekdays, between 11am & Noon.
- In the event of circumstances beyond our control (e.g. loss of transmission, urgent breaking news, studio emergencies, etc) we reserve the right to run the competition at the earliest opportunity after these times - in the event that this is necessary, it will be announced on air.
- If you fail to answer the telephone when we call you, you will be deemed to have forfeited your opportunity to play and another number will be chosen at random to enter a guess.
- By entering the competition, you are agreeing to be identified as a winner and you may be asked to take part in some publicity activity (e.g. photocalls with local press)
- This competition is intended for our local audience on FM. As such, to be eligible to claim the prize, entrants must live in our FM broadcast area (which covers East Devon, and the nearby towns of Dawlish, Starcross and Exminster). Alternatively, entrants must work within this area for at least five day a week. Evidence of employment at the time of winning will be required and is subject to Bay FM's judgement. If you are unsure whether you are in an eligible area please contact Andy Green Station Manager or Julie Green secretary for clarification on 01395 542547 ext.2.
- As with all Bay FM competitions, current Bay FM volunteers and their immediate families are not allowed to enter. Staff and relatives of employees of CPM are also excluded from entering this specific competition.
High: 13°C | Low: 8°C
Exmouth Dock Tide Times for 21st October 2017
Tide Times & Heights for Exmouth Dock on 21st October 201702:17 - Low Tide (0.22m)08:19 - High Tide (4.03m)14:34 - Low Tide (0.28m)20:31 - High Tide (4.02m)