Bay FM's Secret Sound
The Bay FM Secret Sound is here for Summer 2017, and you could win some serious cash by working out our mystery sound! Starting Monday 24th July.
Check out our new Secret Sound below
Our jackpot starts at a cool £100
which you will win just for identifying our mystery sound...
We’ll play once a day during weekdays – between 11am & Noon on The Bay FM Daytime Show with Andy
and if it is not guessed the winning amount goes up by £5 each weekday.
How to Play
To enter, just text SECRET SOUND and YOUR NAME to 07947 211 311.
It's a standard text message charge.
Every competition round, we'll pick a contestant at random from all the texts received each weekday during the competition hour.
Only one entry per mobile number will be counted in the draw - there's no advantage in sending multiple texts.
If you've been chosen to play, we'll call your mobile number, if you don't answer the phone, we'll then select another contestant at random.
We will never ask you for your guess until you're playing on air. Any entries which include your guess on the text message will be automatically disqualified.
Once you've played, you can enter again another day by texting as soon as you've come up with another guess.
And of course, if you correctly identify the Secret Sound, you'll win the money.
Here's what's been guessed so far...
Mon 24th July - Pulling Toilet Paper of a Toilet Roll - £100
Tues 25th July - Potting a Cue Ball into a pocket - £105
Wed 26th July - Playing Squash - £110
Thurs 27th July - Altering an Office Chair Handle - £115
Fri 28th July - Firing a Clay Pigeon Shot - £120
Mon 31st July - The handle on a bucket when it falls over - £125
Tues 1st Aug - Desk Top Printer - £130
Wed 2nd Aug - Bingo Balls dropping into a Bingo Machine - £135
Thurs 3rd Aug - Clock Mechanism - £145 (£5 double up Thursday to add £10)
Fri 4th Aug - Pulling the plunger back on a Pinball Machine - £150
Mon 7th Aug - Lifting the arm on a record player - £155
Tues 8th Aug - Releasing Pool Balls down the shoot - £160
Wed 9th Aug - Photo Copier - £165
Thurs 10th Aug - Changing a song on a Jukebox - £170 (£5 double up Thursday to add £10)
Fri 11th Aug - Putting a kettle backon its base - £180
Mon 14th - The hinge / catch on a cupboard door closing - £185
Tues 15th - Ballin Ball going down the shoot - £190
Wed 16th - Moving the arm on a record turntable - £195
Thurs 17th Aug - Opening a Pringle pot - £200 (£5 double up Thursday to add £10)
Fri 18th Aug - Kick Starting a Scooter or Bike - £210
Mon 21st Aug - A drink dropping from a drinks machine - £215
Tues 22nd Aug - Jumping off a diving Board - £220
Wed 23rd Aug - ??? -
Terms and Conditions
Bay FM's standard terms and conditions apply to all competitions on BAY FM.
In addition, the following specific rules apply to the Bay FM Secret Sound competition:
- Entries will be selected by generating a random number corresponding to the order in which entries have been received.
- Only one entry per mobile number will be accepted.
- There will be one competition round per day during weekdays, between 11am & Noon.
- In the event of circumstances beyond our control (e.g. loss of transmission, urgent breaking news, studio emergencies, etc) we reserve the right to run the competition at the earliest opportunity after these times - in the event that this is necessary, it will be announced on air.
- If you fail to answer the telephone when we call you, you will be deemed to have forfeited your opportunity to play and another number will be chosen at random to enter a guess.
- By entering the competition, you are agreeing to be identified as a winner and you may be asked to take part in some publicity activity (e.g. photocalls with local press)
- This competition is intended for our local audience on FM. As such, to be eligible to claim the prize, entrants must live in our FM broadcast area (which covers East Devon, and the nearby towns of Dawlish, Starcross and Exminster). Alternatively, entrants must work within this area for at least five day a week. Evidence of employment at the time of winning will be required and is subject to Bay FM's judgement. If you are unsure whether you are in an eligible area please contact Andy Green Station Manager or Julie Green secretary for clarification on 01395 542547 ext.2.
- As with all Bay FM competitions, current Bay FM volunteers and their immediate families are not allowed to enter. Staff and relatives of employees of CPM are also excluded from entering this specific competition.
High: 21°C | Low: 14°C
Exmouth Dock Tide Times for 22nd August 2017
Tide Times & Heights for Exmouth Dock on 22nd August 201701:41 - Low Tide (0.12m)07:53 - High Tide (3.91m)14:03 - Low Tide (0.12m)20:08 - High Tide (4.22m)